Installing an InSinkErator waste disposal unit can be a relatively simple process that can be completed by following a few key steps. Here are some guidelines to help you through the installation process:
- Gather the necessary tools and equipment: Before you start installing your InSinkErator waste disposal unit, you’ll need to gather a few tools and equipment. This may include a screwdriver, pliers, a putty knife, a bucket, a wrench and a wire stripper.
- Turn off the power: Before you begin any electrical work, it’s essential to turn off the power to the area where you’ll be working. Locate the circuit breaker that controls the outlet you’ll be using and turn it off.
- Remove the existing sink flange: Use a screwdriver to remove the existing sink flange from the sink. Be careful not to damage the sink itself during this process.
- Install the mounting assembly: Install the mounting assembly that comes with your InSinkErator unit onto the sink flange. Tighten the mounting bolts with a wrench to ensure a secure fit.
- Connect the wiring: Connect the wiring to the unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure to use wire connectors that are approved for use with your specific model of InSinkErator waste disposal unit.
- Install the drain: Install the drain pipe and connect it to the waste disposal unit. Be sure to use the appropriate PVC piping and fittings and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper installation.
- Test the unit: Turn the power back on and test the unit to ensure that it is functioning correctly. Run water through the unit to ensure that it is draining properly.
By following these steps, you can install your InSinkErator waste disposal unit safely and efficiently and enjoy the convenience and benefits of having a waste disposal unit in your home.