Food Waste Disposer
The Model 46 Without Air Switch is a powerful and efficient waste disposal unit designed to make your life easier in the kitchen. With a .55 HP motor and patented Multigrind technology, this unit can quickly and easily grind up even the toughest food waste, making it an ideal choice for busy families and avid home cooks. The unit also features SoundSeal technology, which ensures that it runs quietly, so you won’t have to worry about disturbing your family or
Easy Installation and Maintenance
Installing and maintaining your Model 46 Without Air Switch is easy and hassle-free, making it an excellent choice for homeowners who want a convenient and reliable garbage disposal unit. The unit comes with a Quick Lock sink mount that makes it easy to install and replace and the stainless steel construction ensures that it will stand up to years of use. Additionally, the unit is designed with easy-to-clean components, making maintenance a breeze.
InSinkErator’s Eco-Friendly and Cost-Effective
The Model 46 Without Air Switch is an eco-friendly and cost-effective solution for managing your food waste. By grinding up your food waste and sending it to the wastewater treatment plant, you can help reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills. Additionally, the unit is energy efficient, so you won’t have to worry about high electricity bills. By choosing the Model 46 Without Air Switch, you can save money and do your part for the environment.
Question 1: Does model 46 replace 45?
Both the Model 45 and 46 have a 0.55 horsepower motor and one-stage grinding technology, which grinds food waste into small particles that can be easily flushed down the drain. The Model 46 does have some sound reduction technology, including insulation and anti-vibration mounts, which help to reduce the noise level during operation, but it does not feature the SoundSeal technology found in other models.
Despite these differences, the Model 46 is still an upgraded model compared to the 45, as it comes with an included power cord for easier installation and is designed to be quieter during operation.
In terms of compatibility, the Model 46 is designed to fit into the same space as the Model 45 and can replace it in most cases. However, it’s still important to check the specifications of both models and ensure compatibility with your plumbing and electrical systems before making any changes.
Question 2: What is the lifespan of a model 46?
Emerson is a well-known brand that manufactures garbage disposals for home and commercial use. The lifespan of a Model 46 garbage disposal can vary depending on several factors, such as usage, maintenance and model type.
On average, Model 46 garbage disposals have a lifespan of around 10 to 15 years. However, some models may last longer or shorter depending on how often they are used and how well they are maintained.
One of the factors that can affect the lifespan of a Model 46 is the type of food waste that is disposed of. Garbage disposals are designed to handle most food waste, but certain items such as big bones like ribs, fruit pits and hard vegetables can cause damage to the blades and motor over time. It’s best to avoid disposing of these items in the garbage disposal to extend its lifespan.
Maintenance of disposal units
Proper maintenance can also help to extend the lifespan of a model 46. Regular cleaning and use of a disposal cleaner can help to keep the unit in good working condition. Additionally, avoiding pouring hot liquids or grease down the disposal can prevent damage to the motor and blades, hot liquids can cause the metal to expand outside of cold metal tolerances and cause the metals to grind against each other.
The type of Disposer model can also affect its lifespan. Higher-end models tend to have more powerful motors and more durable components made from stainless steel, which can result in a longer lifespan. It’s important to choose a model that is appropriate for your household’s needs and usage level to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
In conclusion, the lifespan of an garbage disposal can vary depending on several factors, including usage, maintenance and model type. With proper care and maintenance, a model 46 can last for many years and provide efficient waste disposal for your household or commercial kitchen.
Question 3: Does the model 46 have air switch?
When it comes to choosing a garbage disposal, the Model 46 brand is a well-known and trusted choice among homeowners. The Model 46 is a popular model that has gained a reputation for its powerful and efficient performance. However, one common question that arises is whether the Model 46 has an air switch.
To clarify, the standard Model 46 model does not come with an air switch. However, if you’re looking for a garbage disposal with an air switch, In Sink Erator offers a similar model called the Model 46AS that does come with an air switch.
An air switch is a convenient and hygienic alternative to the traditional wall switch. It allows you to turn on and off your garbage disposal with a simple press of a button. The air switch works by using air pressure to activate the switch, which then sends a signal to the disposal unit to turn on or off. This is particularly helpful when your hands are dirty or wet and you don’t want to touch the traditional wall switch.
The Model 46AS air switch is typically installed on the sink or countertop within easy reach of the user. The switch is connected to the disposal unit via a hose, which sends a signal to activate the disposal when pressed. Installing the air switch is a relatively simple process that can be done by a professional or DIY enthusiast, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
While the Model 46AS offers the added convenience of an air switch, it’s important to note that it is otherwise similar to the standard Model 46. Both disposers feature the same powerful 1/2 horsepower Dura-Drive induction motor, which provides reliable and efficient performance. The Model 46 and 46AS also share the same compact design, making them a great choice for smaller kitchens with limited space.
In summary, if you’re looking for a garbage disposal with an air switch, the Model 46AS is a great option to consider. However, if you don’t require an air switch, the standard Model 46 offers the same reliable and efficient performance without the added cost of an air switch. Regardless of which model you choose, In Sink Erator is a trusted brand that offers quality and durable garbage disposals for your home.
Question 4: How does Model 46 work?
The Model 46 is a reliable and powerful garbage disposal unit that is designed to make the disposal of food waste a hassle-free task. Here are some of the key features of the Model 46 and how they work:
- Grinding Mechanism: The Model 46 comes with a robust grinding mechanism that is powered by a 1/2 horsepower electric motor. The grinding mechanism consists of a spinning disc or turntable with sharp blades that efficiently grind up food waste into small particles that can easily pass through your plumbing system.
- Durable Components: The Model 46 is built with durable components, including galvanised steel grinding components and a corrosion-resistant polymer sink flange. These high-quality components ensure the unit’s longevity and make it capable of handling even the toughest food waste.
- Easy Installation: The Model 46 is designed to be easy to install. It comes with all necessary hardware and a quick-lock mounting system that makes installation quick and straightforward.
- Continuous Feed: The Model 46 is a continuous-feed garbage disposal unit, meaning that it can be turned on and off as needed to dispose of food waste. This feature makes it easy to use and convenient for busy households.
- Quiet Performance: While the Model 46 does not have SoundSeal technology, it is still designed to operate quietly. The unit comes with an anti-vibration mount and insulation to help minimize noise and vibration during operation.
In summary, the Model 46 is a dependable and efficient garbage disposal unit that can handle a wide range of food waste. Its powerful grinding mechanism, durable components and easy installation make it an excellent addition to any kitchen.
Model 46 Review
The Model 46 is a popular and reliable garbage disposal unit that is designed to make the disposal of food waste quick and easy. Here’s a closer look at some of the features and benefits of the Model 46, as well as some of its potential drawbacks, based on customer reviews:
- Powerful Grinding Mechanism: The Model 46 features a powerful 1/2 horsepower motor and a durable grinding mechanism that can easily handle tough food waste like chicken, duck bones and vegetable scraps.
- Continuous Feed: The continuous-feed feature of the Model 46 allows you to add food waste to the unit as needed, making it convenient for busy households.
- Easy Installation: Customers have reported that the Model 46 is easy to install, thanks to its quick-lock mounting system and included hardware.
- Compact Design: The Model 46 has a compact design that allows it to fit easily under most sinks, making it an excellent choice for kitchens with limited space.
- Reliable and Durable: Many customers have reported that the Model 46 is a reliable and durable garbage disposal unit that provides years of trouble-free operation.
- Noisy Operation: While the Model 46 is designed to operate quietly, some customers have reported that it can still be quite loud, particularly when grinding tougher food waste.
- No Auto-Reverse Function: Unlike some other garbage disposal units, the Model 46 does not have an auto-reverse function, which means that it may be more prone to becoming jammed or stuck.
- Limited Warranty: The Model 46 comes with a limited two-year warranty, which some customers have reported is not long enough given the unit’s price point.
Overall, the Model 46 is a dependable and efficient garbage disposal unit that provides powerful performance and easy installation. While it may be a bit noisy for some users, it is still a popular choice among homeowners looking for a reliable and affordable garbage disposal solution.
Model 46 vs 56
When it comes to choosing a high-quality garbage disposal unit for your kitchen, the Emerson company brand is a popular choice. Two of the most popular models from this brand are the Model 46 and 56. Here’s a comparison of the two models to help you make an informed decision on which one is the right fit for your home.
The Model 46 is a compact and powerful garbage disposal unit that is perfect for small households. It has a 1/2 horsepower motor, which makes it capable of grinding up food waste quickly and efficiently. This model comes with a 1-stage grind technology, which means it uses a single stage to grind food waste before sending it down the drain.
The Model 56, on the other hand, is a larger and more powerful garbage disposal unit that is ideal for larger households. It also has a 1/2 horsepower motor, which makes it capable of grinding up tougher food waste such as bones and fibrous vegetables. This model also comes with a 2-stage grind technology, which means it uses two stages to grind food waste into finer particles before sending it down the drain.
In terms of noise, both models are relatively quiet when compared to other garbage disposal units on the market. However, the Model 56 is quieter then the Model 46 due to its sound insulation which can also be removed if needs be..
In terms of price, the Model 56 is more expensive than the Model 46 due to its larger size and more powerful motor. However, both models are relatively affordable when compared to other high-quality garbage disposal units on the market.
Overall, the Model 46 is a great choice for smaller households with lighter food waste loads, while the Model 56 is a better fit for larger households with heavier food waste loads. Both models are reliable, efficient and easy to install, making them a great investment for any kitchen,
Model 46 troubleshooting
If you own an Model 46 garbage disposal unit and are experiencing issues with its performance, troubleshooting the problem can help you resolve the issue and get your unit back up and running smoothly. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Check the power supply: If your Model 46 is not turning on at all, make sure it is receiving power. Check the electrical outlet by plugging in another appliance or device to see if it is functioning properly. If the outlet is working fine, check the reset button on the bottom of the unit. If it has been tripped, press it to reset the unit.
- Clear any clogs: If your Model 46 is not grinding food waste properly, it could be due to a clog. Turn off the power to the unit and unplug it from the outlet. Use pliers or tongs to remove any visible obstructions from the disposal. If the clog is further down the drain, you can try using a plunger or a drain snake to clear it.
- Check the blades: If the blades in your Model 46 are dull or damaged, they may not be able to grind food waste properly. Turn off the power to the unit and unplug it from the outlet. Use a flashlight to inspect the blades for signs of wear or damage. If they are damaged, you may need to replace them.
- Test the motor: If your Model 46 is making strange noises or vibrating excessively, the motor may be malfunctioning. Turn off the power to the unit and unplug it from the outlet. Use a hex wrench to manually rotate the motor shaft. If it is difficult to turn, the motor may be seized and you may need to replace the unit.
- Call a professional: If you have tried these troubleshooting steps and your Model 46 is still not functioning properly, it may be time to call in a professional. A licensed plumber or electrician can diagnose the problem and provide a solution that will get your unit back up and running.
By following these troubleshooting steps, you can identify and resolve many common issues with your Model 46 garbage disposal unit. With proper maintenance and care, your unit can continue to provide reliable performance for years to come.